Information we collect when you create or use your personal Amino account to search for health care providers and health care costs (“Amino User Account”) is also governed by Amino’s HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices.
Amino previously offered a Health Savings Account (“Amino HSA”) in partnership with Bancorp. Information we collected when you applied for or use your Amino HSA is also governed by The Bancorp Bank Privacy Notice.
Information We Collect
You may interact with us in a variety of ways online without registering for an Amino User Account or Amino HSA, such as when you browse our website, comment on our blog, apply for a job, request customer support, seek a demonstration of our products, or otherwise communicate with us. When you use our website or mobile applications for these purposes, we may collect data from you that generally falls into one of two categories:
- Information you provide directly to us such as your name, mailing address, email address, gender, and other information you may voluntarily provide. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact us for support or to request a demonstration, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the company you are affiliated with, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, then we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
- Job Applications. If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience. You may also apply through LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Greenhouse, Indeed, or other similar services. If you do so, we will collect the information you make available to us via those services.
- Information we collect about your website activity. When you access or use any of our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information. We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, search terms, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information. We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, phone carrier, operating system and version, device identifiers, application installations, push notification tokens, mobile advertising identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information. If you use our Mobile Application or our Mobile Web Application, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located within and display a location map with relevant information. We also infer your general location information (for example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region).
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
How We Use Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Provide you with information you request;
- Provide you with information specific to the city where you are located or are seeking services;
- Process and communicate with you about your application for employment;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Amino and others and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- To update your status on your social networks, to send messages on your behalf to your social networks, and to provide other features and services to you;
- To facilitate the connection of third party services or applications;
- To send you text messages;
- To facilitate transactions;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services, and to develop new services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of Amino and others;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- To de-identify and aggregate information collected through our Services and use it for any lawful purpose; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
How We Share Information
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf and who are not permitted to use such information for other purposes (“Service Providers”).
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Amino or others;
- With service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or third parties in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
Mobile Location Information
We will not share your current location that we collect through GPS or similar technology with other users or partners, although we may share aggregated and anonymized location information. If you do not want us to collect and use your location for these purposes, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application or your browser located in your account settings or in your mobile device settings and/or within the mobile application or browser.
Collection and Use of Anonymous Information
You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish, with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Single Sign-On for Amino User Accounts
If your Amino User Account was established by your employer or your health plan, they may have requested that we set up a communication channel whereby you can log into Amino’s portal (known as single sign on) or access your Account information through their site without entering your user name and password again. Your employer or health plan also may have contracted with another vendor that provides additional services, such as personal health care costs management, that allows you to log into our portal or access your Account through that vendor’s website, also without entering your Amino username and password. When you use those websites to sign into our portal or access your Account, your use of the Services may be subject to the policies of such websites, and it is possible that such websites may be able to access your account.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Amino by following the instructions in those emails or text messages or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Amino takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, as our Services are hosted electronically, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.